January 2022 – Russian Speaking Associate – Client Services Team
What should the start of your career look like? Do you look for an introduction to the world of business and exposure to a wide variety of industries? A role offering autonomy and measurable personal impact? A clear path towards leading your own team and managing blue-chip client relationships in two years’ time? Running your own multimillion-dollar book of business in five years?
If this resonates with you, read on.
AlphaSights is the world’s knowledge partner, comprised of ambitious professionals committed to accelerating progress for our clients and our people alike. From the moment you join us as an Associate, you’ll have significant autonomy and personal responsibility. You’ll receive training and professional development opportunities to help you excel in your role. Hard work, drive, and a commitment to delivering results will put you on a path to becoming a Manager in around two years from joining us, and a Vice President in around five.
All along, you’ll be working in the company of like-minded, driven colleagues from across the globe: we work as one global team that’s dedicated to growing our business, improving ourselves, supporting one another, and celebrating wins together. Our alumni go on to join some of the world’s most prestigious companies or pursue further study at top graduate schools.
AlphaSights provides global investment and business professionals with on-demand access to business expertise across all industries and geographies. Through AlphaSights, decision makers from investment management, private equity, management consulting, and corporates connect with a dynamic network of industry experts that provide qualitative and quantitative market insights, industry expertise, and execution support. Leveraging cutting-edge technology and our global team of 1000+ professionals in nine offices on three continents, we support our clients 24/7 around the globe. AlphaSights regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world.
In 2020, AlphaSights UK placed 39th and 9th in the UK’s Best Workplaces and Best Workplaces for Women rankings respectively.
As an Associate, you’ll act as the connection point between our clients and industry experts. Your role is to understand clients’ knowledge gaps and identify experts with the knowledge that can address them. You’ll need to think quickly yet critically to identify the world’s best experts with the right experience and insights to address our clients’ questions. You’ll spend considerable time on phone and email reaching out to people and assessing whether they possess the knowledge our clients seek, and you’ll connect qualified experts to our clients.
Working on several client requests at once, you’ll quickly develop effective project, client, communication, and time management skills. This is a fast-paced, sales-orientated role with a clear focus on results and revenue generation, and Associates who succeed at AlphaSights often embark on successful careers in commercial and operational leadership.
- Understand client requests and conduct high-level industry research to deepen grasp of client knowledge gaps
- Conduct extensive industry expert searches on various platforms, such as internal databases and external recruiting platforms
- Recruit industry experts through warm and cold email and phone outreach
- Engage industry experts through effectively communicating the AlphaSights value proposition, gaining their interest in client projects, assessing their suitability and negotiating the terms of engagement
- Connect clients with industry experts through one to one interactions, by coordinating diaries, scheduling phone calls and other interaction types, and ensuring interactions take place
- Deliver excellent client service through proactive follow up and making recommendations for next steps
What We Look For
AlphaSights welcomes candidates with different backgrounds and experiences. Below are some qualities that many of our successful applicants possess.
- Innate curiosity and excitement about the world of business, ideally evidenced through extracurricular activities and work experience
- The drive to push past obstacles and go beyond comfort zones to meet and surpass client expectations
- Demonstrated ability to think of creative solutions amidst ambiguity, manage multiple projects and approach change with positivity
- An ability to build new relationships and effectively work with a diverse range of teammates, clients and experts
- A growth mindset with the ability to develop in your role over time, seek out feedback, and view setbacks as learning opportunities
- Confident with working in a fast paced and results driven environment with monthly targets
What we offer
- A competitive base salary plus monthly bonus
- The opportunity to gain transferable skills, including: building client relationships, sales, influencing and negotiation, commercial acumen and business communication, project management, and prioritisation
- A team-oriented, high-support, high performance culture emphasizing continuous feedback, professional development, and celebrating wins
- A professional development team that works to ensure that you’re supported in role
- A clear career trajectory within our firm and support to navigate your broader career ambitions
- Comprehensive company sponsored private medical scheme
- Monthly team events, free breakfast & snacks
- 0-2 years work experience
- Bachelor's degree, with strong academic credentials
- Noteworthy extracurricular activities and work experience
- Fluency in English and native-level Russian proficiency is essential
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At AlphaSights, we believe that investing in DEI is the right thing to do and is vital to driving progress. We go the extra mile to build teams of people with diverse backgrounds and experiences, because diversity of thought drives innovation and knowledge diffusion which creates value for our clients, employees, and society.
We are a people-centric company, where every person is evaluated based on their merit. Our action plan is clear: recruit top talent based on our core values, invest massively in people’s development, and follow a structured DEI strategy so that everyone is always treated equitably and with respect.