Make a difference as a RN Care Manager in our Care Coordination Dept., providing coordination of care for the patients at Suburban Hospital promoting the use of the right resources, at the right time and at the right level of care.
This is a part-time position with the following schedule options:
- 12-hour shifts every Saturday & Sunday (8:00 AM - 8:00 PM or 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM)
- 8-hour shift option is every Saturday & Sunday, and one additional day/week (8:30 AM - 5:00 PM)
The Care Manager - Registered Nurse / RN Care Coordinator is responsible for:
- Utilizing a collaborative process in conjunction with Care Management Coordinator, Social Workers and other health care team members, the Care manager will assess, plan, implement and evaluate the options and services required to meet an individual's health and health related needs.
- The Care Manager serves as an advocate for the patient, family and organization to promote quality, cost effective outcomes. Active participation in program development and process improvement efforts is an expectation of the role of the Care Manager.
- Provides efficient resource utilization to assure optimal clinical quality and financial outcomes in accordance with Utilization Management Committee guidelines, the Utilization Management Plan, and federal & state regulations.
- Current Maryland RN licensure
- BSN is preferred or must be actively pursuing a BSN
- Certification in case management desirable, but not mandatory
- Experience in the nursing process. General knowledge of case management process including utilization review, transitional planning, outcomes management and assessment.
- Experience in the acute care case management process - current working knowledge of discharge planning, utilization management, case management, performance improvement and managed care reimbursement preferred.
- Preferred areas of experience in acute care, home healthcare, hospice, hospital case management and or utilization management.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills with all levels of internal and external customers including but not limited to medical staff, patients and families, clinical personnel, support and technical staff, outside agencies, and members of the community.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.